School, homework, practice, concert, PTA meeting, dinner, bath, bed. Repeat. Who can relate to most of the days feeling like this? If you can, you are not alone. It’s hard to get yourself & your family through the day, let alone prepare a nice, healthy dinner.
Cue the rotisserie chicken! It’s already cooked, perfect texture and flavor for a lot of recipes (or just alone) is an affordable, quick, convenient and healthy way to feed your family. Bonus: No raw chicken to clean or touch 🙂
Here are three of our favorite ways to cook with rotisserie:
Salsa Verde Tacos
– Trader Joe’s Salsa Verde (basically any green salsa)
-Shredded cheese (I use the Trader Joe’s 3 Cheese Mexican Blend)
Chicken & Dumplings
Rotisserie chicken – pull amount of chicken you prefer in your soup (I don’t use a ton, as I prefer the dumplings & veggies over the chicken!)
2 tablespoons olive oil
3 tablespoons flour
4 cups Savory Chicken Broth (I prefer Nature’s Promise Culinary Broth)
2 cups biscuit mix (I use Gluten-Free Bisquick)
1/2 cup milk (I use almond milk)
– Pull chicken and add to skillet over medium heat. Add 3 1/2 cups of water, cover & simmer for about 20 minutes.
-Remove chicken from water, BUT save the liquid and set aside.
-Heat oil in a large pot over medium heat. Add carrots, celery & onion and cook approx. 5 minutes until soft.
-Sprinkle/coat veggies with flour, salt & pepper (to your taste). Cook for 3 minutes.
– Add broth and 2 cups of the chicken water to the pot. Bring to a simmer and cook for 5 minutes. Add chicken.
-Meanwhile, combine biscuit mix & milk in a bowl.
-Drop spoonfuls into the simmering soup (about 6 dumplings usually fit in my pot).
– Cover & cook for about 10 minutes.
Buffalo Chicken Dip (JP is asked to bring this as an appetizer to any get together she attends! It’s a real crowd favorite!)
– Rotisserie chicken (amount will vary on how much chicken you prefer in your dip. I prefer mine with less chicken and more smooth than chunky.)
–1/2 cup of blue cheese dressing
-1/2 cup of Frank’s Red Hot sauce
-1/2 cup of blue cheese crumbles AND mozzarella cheese
– Stir the cream cheese in a 9-inch deep dish pie plate with a fork or whisk until smooth. I usually soften by microwaving it for about 25-30 seconds.
-Stir in the dressing, hot sauce and blue cheese/mozzarella mix
-Stir in the chicken
-Sprinkle some additional cheese on top of the mixture
-Bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes & serve with chips, celery & carrots!
We’d love to hear any of your favorite rotisserie recipes! We hope you enjoy!
~Johanna & Monica