Summer is coming and that means lots of time at home with your beloved little ones!
This also means being a little bit crafty and a lot a bit patient! But hey, no worries! We have some tips that will make your carefree, no-school, no-scheduled dog days of summer a little bit easier and definitely more fun!
- Summer sandals require nicely pedicured feet! But, with the kids home all day, there is no time for a pedicure – you need the Amopé. This little machine has literally CHANGED my life! It’s a motorized foot file that actually works! It removes ugly callouses & dry skin from your feet in seconds, leaving them silky soft.
- It’s hot & you need a cold drink ASAP! Here’s how to make a warm drink cold in just about two minutes: submerge your drink in a bowl of ice, add some water and salt and it will drop several degrees in just a couple of minutes.
- Cupcake Liner Cup Topper- Summer means being outside for long periods of time, and means you need to keep your little ones hydrated. To keep drinks from spilling & keep bugs out, use a cupcake liner flipped upside down with a straw through it to create a makeshift lid!
- Need a quick dessert that’s the hit of any party?! Make an ice cream (sandwich) cake! Line a pan with parchment paper & line it with ice cream sandwiches. Cover layer with cookie crumbs, sprinkles or whatever topping you wish! Place another layer of ice cream sandwiches on top & frost with cool whip. Voila!
- Quick, easy project that you can use for decorations, fairy homes or even birthday party favors! DIY Glow Stick Lanterns – Simply take a mason jar, break a glow stick & dump the liquid in the jar, replace the lid & shake the jar to coat it with the liquid. There you have a cool lit, glow in the dark lantern!
- Grab a bottle of pure aloe, squeeze it into an ice cube tray and freeze – you’ll have an instant sunburn remedy for those unexpected and unwanted pink spots!
- When packing your cooler for the beach or pool, freeze water in Ziploc bags to use instead of ice packs. Once melted, use those bags to hold wet and/or sandy bathing suits.
We could go on & on! Send us some of your favorite quick mom hacks that help you survive any situation motherhood throws at you! We would love to hear them!
Enjoy your summer 🙂