These delicious dessert bars are sure to be a hit at your next get together/party. This recipe is courtesy of my college roommate’s mom. It’s a favorite in our house and we hope you enjoy them as well!
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 sticks of unsalted butter
- 1 sleeve of saltines (possibly a little more if needed)
- 1 bag of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- slivered almonds (if desired)
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil. Cover with a layer of saltines
- In a medium saucepan, over medium heat, melt butter and brown sugar
- Bring mixture to a boil
- Once boiling, continue to boil for 5 minutes; stirring constantly
- Pour mixture evenly over the saltines
- Bake for 5 minutes
- Remove from oven and evenly spread chocolate chips over crackers and toffee mixture
- If desired, add slivered almonds on top of melted chocolate
- Once chocolate chips are softened/melted, spread chocolate smooth.
- Refrigerate for a couple of hours. Once cooled, break apart and enjoy.
- Will stay fresh in the fridge for a couple days.